As negotiations and preparations are ongoing for the meeting of Ministers later this week on ECHR reform in Brighton, here are a few updates:
* A new joint NGO Statement on Brighton
* An academic initiative of the University of Sussex calling for wider support for the European Court of Human Rights.
* Strasbourg - A reckoning : an open page by the Guardian newspaper to counter all the nonsense written by some of the British Press. The page invites readers to indicate important judgments to show what Strasbourg really does.
* A post by Open Society Justice Inititative director James Goldston expressing concern about the fact that civil society is largely excluded from the debates running up to and during the Brighton conference.
* An article in the Independent newspaper about calls on the UK government to confront Russia on its failure to effectively comply with European Court of Human Rights judgments.